Advanced Systematic Review Training
This workshop will be held over four mornings and provides authors, actively involved in conducting a systematic review, with confidence to assess a wide range of data types. It offers
This workshop will be held over four mornings and provides authors, actively involved in conducting a systematic review, with confidence to assess a wide range of data types. It offers an insight into more complex methods of meta-analysis. This workshop also includes an overview on how to produce a summary of findings table for use in your review.
Date: 20th, 21st, 27th, 28th November 2023 (UTC)
Time: 10.00 am – 1.00 pm
Places: 20 places available for individuals who are resident on the island of Ireland
Healthcare professionals, academics, researchers, decision makers and Evidence Synthesis Ireland fellows who are actively involved in performing a systematic review.
Participants should at least have completed their review protocol, developed and conducted their search strategy and begun data extraction and analysis.
Health care policy and practice decisions should be based on a synthesis of the global body of evidence rather than relying on individual studies. Cochrane Ireland and Evidence Synthesis Ireland promote evidence based healthcare policy and practice by supporting high quality, relevant systematic reviews and other synthesised research evidence.
This workshop provides authors, actively involved in conducting a systematic review, with confidence to assess a wide range of data types. It offers an insight into more complex methods of meta-analysis.
In this course participants will be enabled to:
- Understand how to identify, extract and analyse dichotomous and continuous data
- Understand more complex meta-analysis methods including use of Generic Inverse Variance Meta-analysis
- Understand principles of analysis of multi-arm trials, cluster and cross-over trial designs
This course consists of online workshops with of a mixture of short presentations, small group activities and practical demonstrations using Cochrane software (RevMan 5.4.1). In addition, participants will have access to Cochrane Interactive Learning modules and will be required to complete a set of modules prior to workshops. Access to the Cochrane Interactive Learning modules will be made available for4 weeks before and 4 weeks after the workshop and will be free of charge thanks to the support of Cochrane Training.
Prof. Valerie Smith, Professor of Midwifery, Trinity College Dublin
Dr Nuala Livingstone, Senior Quality Assurance Editor, Cochrane Editorial & Methods Department
- Data Collection overview
- Dichotomous Data: Extraction and Analysis
- Continuous Data: Extraction and Analysis
- Standardised Mean Difference
- Introduction to Heterogeneity – heterogeneity statistics, fixed and random effects models, dealing with heterogeneity
- Sensitivity Analysis
- Generic Inverse Variance Meta-analysis: overview
- Multiplicity Issues: Multi-arm trials, Cluster and Cross-over designs
- Practical demonstration in RevMan
*If your type of ticket is sold out, please join the waitlist or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
20 (Monday) 10:00 am - 28 (Tuesday) 1:00 pm UTC